Other than a Nordstrom clothing sale, nothing beats a sale on designer beauty items! From skincare to makeup to haircare, here’s a list of all the N-Sale beauty steals I’m swooning over!
- St. Tropez Self Tanning Kit – As we begin our transition into fall, it is essential to maintain summer sun-kissed skin. The sunshine may go away, but bronze skin never should! St. Tropez is one of my favorite self-tanning lines because it is super easy to use and looks so natural.
- Jo Malone London Cologne Set – Jo Malone fragrances are some of the best around. I love this set because it comes with 5 deluxe minis which are great for traveling. It’s also the perfect way to try new scents without having to buy the original, large sizes. Even better, they are designed to be layered – creating a unique scent all your own!
- Bobbi Brown ‘Bobbi on Trend – Cheek’ Set – This trio is to die for! The set comes with a luxurious bronzer, blush, and highlighter that are perfect for natural looks yet are buildable enough to take from daytime to nighttime.
- GLAMGLOW ‘Glamazing SUPERMUD’ Set – When it comes to masks, GLAMGLOW knows what they’re doing! This set is a perfect all-in-one for treating common skin concerns while giving your skin that gorgeous healthy summer glow.
- Drybar ‘Beach in a Box’ Collection – If you’ve never been to the Drybar, you don’t know what you’re missing! This box brings all the magical work to your home. It comes with all the products and tools you’ll need for perfect beach-waves that last for days!
- Donna Karan ‘Cashmere Mist’ Deodorant Set – 60 dollars may seem like a lot for deodorant, but when it’s you versus the Texas sun, 60 dollars makes a huge difference! This deodorant is so luxurious and is the perfect fresh scent for any season.
- FOREO ‘LUNA mini’ Compact Facial Cleansing Device – If you’re a fan of skincare, you will love this item! The LUNA mini makes skincare so easy by gently getting deep into pores and clearing away any dirt and grime, leaving your skin soft, clean, and glowing!
- Deborah Lippmann ‘The New Romantics’ Set – This set is the perfect combination of neutrals and pinks that transition from summer into fall! These polishes are so luxurious and the color pigmentation keeps your nails from chipping right away!
- Laura Mercier ‘Almond Coconut Milk’ Bath & Body Set – Every now and then I like to treat myself to a relaxing spa night at home. This set makes it so easy to transport yourself to the spa without ever leaving your tub. The scent is heavenly and the products leave your skin fully clean and super moisturized.
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘Rebel Nudes’ Set – As if I didn’t love YSL lip products enough… This set features the creamiest, most luxurious lipsticks and the most comfortable lip stains you’ll ever use! Plus, the colors are great for getting the perfect Kylie Jenner lip look.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my fav beauty deals of this years N-Sale! Happy shopping!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! This July 22 marks the start of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale which is looked forward to by every fashionista, homemaker, and shopper alike. Those who own a Nordstrom card receive early access to the long-awaited sale and get first pick on all things discounted. Here’s a list of my favorite items on sale:
- AG ‘The Legging’ Ankle Jeans – Every gal needs a good pair of jeans for fall! I love these because the material is so comfortable and they have just the right amount of distressing on the knee.
- Love by Design Lace-Up Pullover – This sweater is perfect for fall in Texas because it’s lightweight, soft, and warm. The lace-up front gives it just the right amount of detail so it can be worn on its own without the hassle of needing to accessorize!
- Chelsea28 Faux Shearling Vest – This vest is classically trendy! The color and material make it the perfect accessory to add to any autumn outfit.
- Sun & Shadow Suede A-Line Mini Skirt – Suede mini skirts just scream fall. This skirt is so versatile – it can be dressed up or down. If there’s one autumn staple that every girl needs in her closet, it’s this adorable mini!
- BP. Plaid Square Scarf – Plaid scarfs give a little something to any outfit! Throw this on with a pair of jeans and a sweater or a t-shirt and leggings and you have an outfit that looks like you put way more effort into it than you actually did!
- Rebecca Minkoff ‘Avery’ Crossbody Bag – The tassels on this bag are everything! This purse is the type of trendy that will never go out of style! It’s also super roomy and can fit all the necessities.
- Phase 3 Whipstitch Wool Floppy Hat – A wool hat in fall? Who would’ve guessed?! This one is so adorable from the color down to the stitching. It also serves as a great ‘I have greasy hair but you wouldn’t tell by my cute hat’ hat.
- Vince ‘Preston’ Slip-On Sneaker – I’m the biggest fan of slip-ons in the fall! They’re so easy to put on and walk out the door while still looking so trendy and cute. Vince makes my absolute favorite slip-ons in any style!
- Vince ‘Hallie’ Round Toe Bootie – I love Vince slip-ons so much that I ventured over and discovered my favorite pair of booties in the N-Sale! They’re the perfect color and heel height and can be dressed up or down.
- Stuart Weitzman ‘Hilo’ Thigh High Boot – These thigh-highs are to die for! They’re the type of chic that can make an outfit. Whether you sport a nice pair of skinny jeans or a leather skirt, these boots are sure to turn heads.
Be sure to check out my upcoming piece – my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale beauty picks!
Summer months are a time for purification, hydration, and going au-natural. These high end beauty products are my favorite for making skincare and hygiene simple while making salty air and sun-kissed skin a priority!
- Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bath – This shower gel smells amazing and is perfect for the summertime! It’s also super moisturizing and doesn’t leave my skin with any residue.
- Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask – I’m a HUGE fan of anything PTR and probably the number 1 fan of this mask! It helps unclog all of the pores in my face and also helps to prevent breakouts.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask – This gel mask is amazing at cooling off sunburned skin! It is so cooling and hydrating and the green color helps reduce the look of redness caused by the harsh summer sun.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – Keeping your skin moisturized in the summer is essential to healthy, young-looking skin. This moisturizer is super hydrating and helps get rid of dryness or flakiness.
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Serum – This is hands down my favorite moisturizer for summer! It is so hydrating and so cooling on the skin. It gives you the healthiest glow and also reduces fine lines and leathery-looking wrinkles caused by over-exposure to UV rays!
- Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Invisible Dots Blemish Treatment – These acne clearing dots are life savers! It reduces the size of pimples overnight and when used for a couple of nights in a row, completely eliminates the problem spot. I can not rave enough about these!
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Shampoo & Conditioner – This clarifying shampoo and conditioner are great at getting rid of buildup caused by hair products, chlorine, and salt during the summer. Using these once or twice a week will rejuvenate your hair and scalp and leave it feeling clean and healthy!
- R+Co Rockaway Salt Spray – Sea salt spray is great at giving you those tousled, effortless beach waves without the sunburn. This one is my favorite because its so light on your hair and smells so good!
- R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo – Dry shampoo is an essential at anytime of year; but during hot, sweaty months, it becomes crucial to feeling fresh. This dry shampoo gets rid of any excess oils in your hair and give your hair that great Texas volume all while smelling like absolute heaven!
- Dry Bar Triple Sec – Big hair in Texas is made so easy with this Dry Bar product! It works as a three-in-one texturizer, amplifier, and refresher and is super simple to use. I love to spray it in my roots for a little extra lift, and when I’m feeling it, I like to follow up with a teasing comb to give it that teased, full-body look.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about my favorite beauty products for the best season of the year!
This path month and a half I’ve been trying to combat the hot, humid weather; but trying out product after product can get expensive. After trial error, I’ve come up a few items that have become staples in my summer routine that are also inexpensive and work for everyone’s price range!
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – I could rave on and on about this product! It is so effective at taking every bit of makeup and dirt off of my face before I cleanse. It leaves my face feeling clean without the oily residue of normal makeup removers. It’s so inexpensive and so worth the hype!
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser – This cleanser is great at getting deep into my pores and giving me that squeaky clean feeling. My face isn’t over-dried after using it and it’s super gentle. It also smells great, unlike other purifying products!
- No 7 Beautiful Skin Balancing Toner – If you have oily or combination skin, this is the product for you! This toner balances out the production of oils on your face, so you will have a shine-free T-zone while the rest of your face won’t be dried out.
- Boots Botanics Mattifying Day Cream Sunscreen – This product is awesome at knocking out two birds with one stone! It doubles as a hydrating moisturizer and a sunscreen so you don’t have to worry about tons of products when you’re feeling lazy or running out the door.
- Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Lotion Sunscreen for Face – Wearing SPF everyday, especially during the summer months, is crucial to healthy skin! I love this product because it doesn’t have the typical sunscreen smell and doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy. It’s also great for acne-prone skin because it won’t clog your pores!
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color – I recently fell in love with this line of lip colors and can not say enough about them! They are the most moisturizing matte lip colors you will ever find. The color payoff is great and won’t leave your lips dry and flakey.
- L’oreal Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner – This shampoo and conditioner set is great for color treated hair! It will keep your color protected while you spend lots of time in the pool and in the salt water. It also smells great!
- Skintimate Silk Therapy Moisturizing Shave Gel – Smooth skin in the summer is an everyday requirement! This shave gel is super easy to use and leaves your skin so soft and smooth that it feels like butter.
- Neutrogena Light Sesame Body Oil – This oil is great as doubling as a lotion. During the summer, lotion can feel heavy and sticky; but this oil is so comfortable on the skin and leaves your legs and arms with a gorgeous glow.
- Dove Dry Spray Deodorant – Everyone MUST wear deodorant in these hot months in Texas! This deodorant is super long lasting and doesn’t leave ur underarms feeling sticky with residue. It also comes in a range of scents that are all perfect for the summer months!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair – Washing your hair everyday, especially during summer months when hair can get dried out from salt and chlorine, isn’t always a good idea. This is my favorite drugstore dry shampoo because it smells great and comes in colors suitable for all hair so it’s invisible!
- Garnier Fructise Style Full Control Anti Humidity Hair Spray – This hairspray makes taming your frizzy hair easy during the humid summertime. Plus, it’s non-aersol and smells great!
Stay tuned for part 2 of my summer beauty faves – a high end addition!
Spring in Texas means temperatures ranging anywhere in-between 70 and 90 degrees – something my skin isn’t always a big fan of. As the weather warms up, I’ve tried my hardest to come up with the best routine for my skin that is also simple and hassle-free.
I always start by cleansing my skin. My favorite face cleanser of the moment is Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple, which is gentle yet effective. It does an amazing job at getting all my makeup off, so I never need to deal with the extra step of makeup remover. I find that this soap leaves my skin clean without over-drying it.
I always follow up with some kind of toner. My favorite for the past few years has been the Dickinson’s Pore Perfecting Toner. This product has witch hazel which is great at soothing my skin as well as clearing out any extra grime from my pores. This leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and ready for my next skincare steps.
For moisturizing, I have been loving Dermadoctor KP Duty. I could rave on and on about this product! I developed Keratosis Pilaris shortly after finishing my second round of the acne treatment and needed something strong to fix the condition. This did the job and then some! I love it so much that I even use it as my all-over moisturizer.
These three steps are super simple and have been super effective at keeping my skin healthy and happy the past few months!
This month, Texas finally decided that Winter should come to an end – and Spring is upon us! I’ve been testing out a few new products and made a few lifestyle changes and have come up with a list of a few items that are worthy of my rave!
- Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask: If you have combination skin like me, this mask is awesome for helping to clear away any excess oil (without over-drying) and helps treat break outs!
- Batiste Dark & Deep Brown Hint of Color Dry Shampoo: I’m a huge fan of second-day hair, but not the biggest fan of second-day grease. I’ve always been head over heals for dry shampoo, but Batiste really stole the show by showing brunettes some love! Now there’s no more white powdery residue and even better – it’s super inexpensive!
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Shampoo and Conditioner: My hair had been it’s unhealthiest up until I tried this shampoo and conditioner set. It completely restored the health and now my hair is super shiny and manageable!
- Dermadoctor KP Duty: After being on Accutane, my skin developed a condition called Keratosis Pilaris. I searched for a cure and found my new holy grail skincare product! I owe my skins restored moisture and smoothness to this product!
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve: No matter what lip balm I try, I always find that my lips need more and more product applied. This lip balm has saved my life and leaves my lips feeling soft and smooth.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick: When Stila says stay all day, they mean it! These liquid wonders last a lifetime and come in the cutest shades for all seasons.
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: I tend to stray away from heavy foundations, so when I discovered this BB cream, I knew it was the one for me! It gives me an even, medium coverage without being cakey and is super comfortable to wear all day long.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: This mascara wins for all time best volumizer and lengthener! I love it even more paired with my Maybelline “The Rocket” waterproof mascara.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush: This has been my go-to blush all month! It’s super wearable and is great for a daytime or nighttime look! It also has a little shimmer so I can skip an extra highlighting step in the morning.
- Lemon: I have recently made some diet and lifestyle changes – going paleo being the biggest! I found that incorporating lemons into my diet has helped my transition go smoother. I love using lemons as dressing for my salads, a sauce for meats and vegetables, and adding them to my water to give it a little flavor!
I hope these favorites gave you some new ideas of things to try out the next month!
If you’re anything like me, buying gifts for others can be a bit stressful. I love giving gifts, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the endless buying possibilities! To help alleviate the stress, I’ve come up with a list of my top 10 gifts that all gals would enjoy!
- Apple TV: This gift would be great for the techy girl. It’s perfect for binge watching Netflix, browsing YouTube, and immersing yourself in old, favorite movies!
- Hunter Rain Boots: These are the perfect pair of shoes for any girl! Not only do they keep your feet dry and warm in the rain and snow, they’re the perfect touch to any outfit. These boots would be great for under the tree, and stocking stuffers like the Hunter Boot liners are also a must!
- Longchamp Le Pliage: Any trendy girl would swoon over this gift! This bag is cute, practical, and versatile. It comes in a range of colors and is easy to care for. Not only can it be used as a purse, but it could be put to use as a book bag for school, a carry on bag for traveling, and so much more!
- Jon Hart “Chico”: This tiny treasure is great for the organized bag lady. This zippered pouch is perfect for all of the loose goodies rolling around in the bottom of her purse and it’s perfect for keeping handbags nice and tidy!
- Tory Burch Coin Purse: Another small gem, this is also perfect for quick access to loose change that would otherwise be sucked into the black vortex that is a woman’s purse. When a girl needs her Diet Coke quick and in a hurry, this little guy will eliminate all the fuss.
- Perfume: Every girl wants to smell good! This is a go-to gift for any girl – moms, sisters, girlfriends, wives. Perfumes can be a stand alone gift or, if you’re feeling extra generous, a fragrance set is also sure to please any lady.
- Bite Beauty Best Bite Rewind: This little stocking stuffer is sure to please any makeup lover. With a set of four lipsticks, this gift is perfect for any beauty guru (or guru in the making)!
- Phone Case: A cute phone case is another great stocking stuffer. Not only is this item for the tech lover, but the sporty girl and the fashionista too. Almost everyone has a phone and everyone needs a case to personalize and protect it!
- Leather Tassel Keychain: Keychains are perfect for anyone. They add a cute touch to house keys, car keys, and so much more. They’re also a handy device to help easily spot where you may have set your keys down!
- Essie Nail Polish Mini Gift Set: Nail polish is great for girls of all ages. Paired with a manicure set, this would be the perfect package for a girl who deserves to be pampered!
I hope this serves as a great guide to all you gift givers out there!